Tag not found.

Gramatneusiedl

In Austria, Evonik Para-Chemie GmbH manufactures acrylic glass for the Performance Polymers Business Unit.
Gramatneusiedl near Vienna, Austria, is home to Evonik Para-Chemie GmbH. This Evonik Industries production facility is run by the Performance Polymers Business Unit and looks back on more than half a century of experience making PARAGLAS® and PLEXIGLAS®.
The company has evolved from a strictly manufacturing outfit for cast acrylic glass to a global supplier of a range of related products. Its evolution has been possible on the back of the development of new manufacturing techniques and the expansion of the product range. These days, a workforce of some 186 employees produces acrylic glass specialties, such as transparent noise-control glazing, high-gloss furniture fronts and solar material, in the market town of Gramatneusiedl.

One of the inventions to come out of Gramatneusiedl is a special technique for recycling acrylic glass. With their so-called pyrolysis technique, developers there have found a way to back-extract methyl methacrylate (MMA) for re-use.
The range of products manufactured at the site includes ultra-large sheets which, most notably, enable entirely new noise-barrier solutions to be devised. These products from Gramatneusiedl have been keenly employed in celebrated design and architectural projects. They have, for example, been used to make the PLEXIGLAS® facade that encases the Kunsthaus exhibition center in Graz, Austria.
Para-Chemie was founded back in 1958 under the original name of "Organglasindustrie Dr. Ludwig Polsterer". Soon after its founding, the company relocated to the premises of the former Marienthal textile factory, using a sub-section of the grounds as their new home. Built in the early 19th century, the factory site gained international renown when the workers’ quarters attached to it hosted a 1931/32 study on the impact of unemployment. To this day, the Marienthal Study is regarded as having played a pioneering role in the field of social research. A museum at the site now educates contemporary researchers as well as tourists from around the world about the textile factory and its workers’ settlement. The museum offers a valuable wealth of information, given that this particular production facility can cite a remarkable history of entrepreneurial and blue-collar-worker culture and has great significance as a centuries-old site of rural industry.
ADRESS:
Evonik Para-Chemie GmbH
Hauptstraße 53
2440 Gramatneusiedl

employees:
186

total surface:
49907 m² 

products:
Gegossenes Acrylglas ( PLEXIGLAS® Soundstop, PLEXIGLAS® Mineral, PARAPAN®, PLEXIGLAS®, PLEXIGLAS®Resist SG) und RMMA Regenerat

History


The Marienthal factory

"Marienthal" is the name of the internationally most renowned site of Austrian rural research. It stands for a factory founded in the 19th century and the settlement built to accommodate workers at that factory. Marienthal is, therefore, only found on few maps.

more

Directions


Drive on the A1 highway to the Steinhäusel junction, turn on to the A21 highway and continue to the Vösendorf junction where you join the S1 highway in the direction of Schwechat. Exit the S1 at Leopoldsdorf and drive in the direction of Himberg.

more