New solutions for the adhesives, sealants and construction industry
- New issue of Adhesives Magazine
- New branding for construction chemicals industry
At this year’s European Coatings Show, Evonik Industries, one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals, will also present a broad range of products for the adhesives, sealants and construction industry. These will include system solutions for lightweight construction in cars or rotor blades for wind turbines. The company is deploying a team of specialists for developing adhesives and sealants. The Evonik Adhesives & Sealants Industry Team (EAST) harnesses the knowledge of experts from various business lines throughout the entire Group.
The new issue of the Evonik Adhesives magazine is also being published to coincide with the European Coatings Show 2017. The new issue again focuses on solutions that contribute to energy-saving processes and resource-efficient end products. The topics covered include
- AEROSIL® and Dynasylan® in transparent hybrid sealants: special hydrophobic AEROSIL® products that are of crucial importance for transparency, reinforcement and rheology as well as organofunctional silanes of the Dynasylan® brand, which are used as high-performance additives to improve properties such as adhesion, mechanical properties, water resistance and storage stability
- NANOPOX® E concentrates made from silica nanoparticles in epoxy resins for special use in the electronics industry enable maximum filler content and thus maximum performance at minimum viscosity
- new TEGOPAC® products with silane-modified polymers that are used to produce neutrally curing adhesives and sealants, for example as parquet adhesives, assembly adhesives or liquid seals
- VESTOPLAST®, amorphous poly-(alpha)-olefins for hot melt adhesives for the hygiene and packaging industry
- DYNACOLL® polyester, a key raw material for manufacturing reactive PU hot melt adhesives for bonding alternative lighter-weight substrates in the automotive industry
- POLYVEST® HT, a hydroxyl-terminated polybutadiene (HTPB), which is used as a hydrophobic polyol component or isocyanate-modified prepolymer in many polyurethane-based sealant and adhesive compounds, and is characterised in this application by its excellent resistance to hydrolysis, low permeability to moisture and gas, and good low-temperature flexibility.
As well as presenting new products for the adhesives and sealants industry, Evonik will also use the European Coatings Show to present the latest developments for the construction industry. The Interface & Performance Business Line will for the first time present its new branding for the construction chemicals sector. In future, the portfolio will be aligned with the fields of activity ‘Protection Management’, with the new water repellent TEGOSIVIN® CA 880 to protect against water infiltration, and ‘Release Management’, with release agents for removing casing from components.
Evonik offers more information from the world of adhesives and sealants in its instructive, interactive application software for mobile devices. The Evonik Adhesives App provides product information and news on a wide variety of applications and background knowledge on current and future markets. Brochures and technical literature are also available for download. All information is also available offline. The app is available for download at evonik.com/coatings-adhesives-app or in the AppStores for operating systems iOS, Android and Blackberry 10.