Women and girls represent half of the world’s population and therefore also half of its potential. But gender inequality prevents this potential from being utilized and inhibits social progress. Discrimination against women often begins with access to the education system and continues in their working lives.
Examples of our contribution
For Evonik, diversity is an important key for economic success. Our stated aim is to increase the share of women in the company worldwide on all levels. Evonik’s Diversity Council ensures that diversity is enshrined deep in the organization:
- The proportion of women under 40 in management functions is now just over 38 percent.
- Between 2011 and 2022, the proportion of female employees in management functions increased from 16.6 to 29.1 percent.
- Numerous measures have been implemented to promote female employees, such as networking events, mentoring and support programs. In addition, we offer our female employees networking events organized by the Group's internal women's network GroW as well as job-sharing opportunities.
Within the scope of promoting diversity – by which we understand the complete spectrum of experience, skills, and cultures of our employees – we want to
- We aim to achieve a proportion of women in senior and middle management of 23 percent each by 2023.
- The intercultural mix in senior management is to reach 20 percent by 2023.