Leibniz Young Polymer Scientist Forum
You are a young polymer chemist, chemical engineer or biologist? You are crazy about your research, but you would also like to know more about industrial innovation processes? Want to know what it's like to work at one of the world’s leading specialty chemical companies? You are a team player and truly believe that one can achieve more by working together? You are creative and open to your teammates’ new ideas? You would like to tackle great challenges in the fields of cool chemistry, recycling technologies and additive manufacturing? Then apply now for the digital Leibniz Young Polymer Scientist Forum (LYPSF) from June 24 to 25, 2021!
SUBMISSION WAS APRIL 15th, 2021
The event provided a forum for young experts in the fields of polymer sciences to discuss current scientific problems and foster exchange between academia and Evonik research. During the event, various teams of students will be introduced to a specific research challenge in one of the three main topics Cool Chemistry, Recycling Technologies or Additive Manufacturing by Evonik experts from across the company. The challenges will be discuss and presented by the teams at the end of the forum where the best team will be selected.
You can apply via www.dwi.rwth-aachen.de/polymerforum, providing the following information:
• a Letter of motivation: Why are you the perfect candidate for the LYPSF? (max. 1500 characters incl. spaces),
• a CV,
• an abstract of your research interests, including information about your current PhD thesis or postdoc project (max. 2000 characters incl. spaces),
• three ‘keywords’ describing you and your research interests (e.g.: Antifouling applications; release systems; fan of statistics),
• two of the three proposed main topics (see below) you would like to work on.
The two-day Leibniz Young Polymer Scientist Forum provides a forum to sharpen current scientific questions, to identify new challenges and to team up in order to tackle these challenges. During the Forum, each team will be introduced to a specific research challenge in one of the three main topics.
Cool chemistry: Ideas for polymers with additional functionalities such as
• Chemical ways to mimic structural colors for coatings & inks,
• Post-polymerization reaction paths and new concepts for cross-linking
• Awitchable curing agents and microbicidal polymer systems.
Circular plastics / Recycling technologies: Concepts that enhance circular economy like
• Chemical designs for enhance plastic recyclability,
• Alternative production of olefins,
• De-bonding on demand and
• Solvolysis Technologies.
Additive manufacturing: Novel concepts for supporting 3D printing such as
• functionalization of powders for 3D printing
A committee consisting of members of the DWI Scientific Board and experts from Evonik Industries will select the team with the best presentation. They receive the Evonik Young Scientist Award. The winning team will be invited for an ‘Evonik Day’, including a guided tour of the production facilities and discussion with young professionals and Evonik recruiters.
All information regarding the rights of use of the submitted winning proposals can be found in the terms and conditions which will be sent directly to the participants.
Deadline for application was April 15st, 2021